Getting started is difficult if you have or think you have ADHD, so here, I offer some strategies for getting started with your ADHD workbook!
Go get the workbook and open the table of contents.
- Really, right now. And open it. Leave it open. Read if you want or don’t, but by leaving it open, it’s a reminder (whether a PDF or a printed version).
- Or, open it AND read just a few pages. Use a 5 minute timer or Time Timer.
- Do it again anytime you have 5 minutes.
- This is purely to get you into it, not to finish, or make any big decisions; a short way to get your mind engaged …. Because that’s what we need.
- When you decide on what to read, if it’s too boring to start at the beginning (common), then read the table of contents first. Choose a topic that looks kind of intriguing. Start there and let it lead you.
Make a date with yourself & the workbook/playbook.
- Do you have time alone at home? A favorite coffee shop? Take the workbook with you.
- Take an hour or two on a weekend. Make yourself a mini retreat.
- It’s up to you – and you may need to experiment – whether you’re better off with a 1 hour time to immerse yourself or 5-15 minutes at a time.
Traveling? Take the workbook with you (or at least an exercise or two).
- A train or plane ride is like having a bubble of quiet time.
- If you don’t have that option, how could you create a “bubble” of quiet time? “Blinders” on to avoid distractions?
Start the workbook tomorrow -but here’s how.
- Put the workbook on your desk or wherever you sit in the morning.
- Open it up.
- That’s it.
Don’t do anything …. call me to figure out where to get started.
- With your purchase, you received a free 1/2 hour with me to begin your workbook.
- What do we do? Choose a focus, a habit, something you want to change. Something small like one habit.
- Take a look through the book TOGETHER so you can see how the workbook will help you get from here to there, or from your own “before to your own after.”
Short and sweet, I hope. And I hope to hear from you sometime on how it’s going or to get started in your first call.
Thank you for being here.
By phone or by Zoom
Find this article and interested in the workbook ?